Steak House BurgerDownload this recipe
- 2oz Worcestershire
- 2oz steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 large onion cut crosswise into four slices
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves
1. Combine steak sauce with Worcestershire reserve about 4 to 6 tablespoons for finishing burger. Next add ketchup and ground beef, divide into four patties.
2. Grill over medium 10 minutes or until an internal temp of 160 degrees . Meanwhile grill your four onion pieces until tender and lightly charred.
3. To plate serve burgers on toasted buns serve with lettuce and melted cheese and reserved steakhouse sauce.
Grilled Zucchini and Squash GaletteDownload this recipe
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 green zucchini
- 6 oz sour cream
- 1 bu mint
- 4oz olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough
1. First slice your zucchini and squash on the bias into coins. Next thaw your puff pastry dough and roll out.
2. Place dough on seasoned sheet tray. Chop mint into sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add shredded cheese to first layer and alternate coins overlapping and shingling them.
4. Top with cheese salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Grilled Skillet BruchettaDownload this recipe
- 1 loaf crusty bread sliced, toasted with olive oil salt and pepper
- 3 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 bu kale washed and rough chopped
- 4oz white wine
- garlic 1 tablespoon chopped
- olive oil 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1. first slice bead and season and toast crostini in oven. Set aside to cool.
2. in skillet sauté garlic in olive oil add beans and sauté until coated.
3. add the chopped kale and deglaze with white wine. Finish with salt and pepper.
Top with cheese and serve
Roasted Grape Crustini with a Thyme and Honey Goat Cheese Spread with julienne ProsciuttoDownload this recipe
- 1 French baguette
- 2 bunch grapes roasted and cooled
- 2 tbs chopped Thyme
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 tbs Honey
1. First arrange grapes on baking sheet to roast. Season with oil salt and pepper place in 375 degree oven. Roast grapes until tender and not firm 20 minutes.
2. Let cool and reserve Slice baguettes into half inch slices and season with oil and bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
3.Chop 2 tbs of thyme and mix well with goat cheese. Drizzle honey in and check consistency and flavor. Here a nice touch of sea salt and black pepper can bring the great flavor of the honey and goat cheese out.
4. Julienne Prosciutto and start to assemble. Spread goat cheese mixture liberally on the crustini, then add the prosciutto and serve two halved roasted grapes on top.
5. These can be made ahead of time before guests arrive. This is a great chance to let all the flavors meld together.
Yields 25 crustini
Fresh Shrimp Spring RollsDownload this recipe
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms cut into thin strips
- 2 oz thin rice vermicelli noodles cooked and cooled
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs garlic
- 1/2 tbs chili sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 lb shrimp deveined boiled peeled and butterfly
- 1/4 lb fresh bean sprouts
- one pack rice paper rounds
- 8 large leaves boston lettuce
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 bunch chives cut into sticks
1. Sauté mushrooms and cook until tender. Let cool.
2. Assemble all ingredients and have them prepared on work surface.
3. Next fill a pie plate with warm water, immerse one sheet of rice paper in water for a few seconds just until soft and flexible.
4. Next build roll starting with the lettuce and adding the remaining ingredients.
5. To fold the bottom 2 in border of the rice paper over the filling. Fold over and enclose the leaf on the right and left edges.
6. Transfer the spring roll seam side down to a platter serve with dipping sauce.
7. Thai dipping sauce combine sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chili sauce together in a bowl whisk and serve.
Serves 8. Nutritional information per roll with one tablespoon sauce: calories 80, calories from fat 20, saturated fat 3 g, protein 2 g, carbohydrates, sodium 190 mg, cholesterol 15 mg, fiber 2 g
Chicken Lettuce WrapsDownload this recipe
- 1 lb Chicken tenders
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 2 cans water chestnuts
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 4 oz low sodium soy
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbs sugar
1. First prepare the lettuce cups. first cut head in half length wise and trip cup using scissors.
2. Chop all ingredients up and reserve.
3. Season chicken to roast in oven cook until an internal temp of 165 and cool.
4. Sauté all ingredients in sauce mixture heat until warm and serve in lettuce cup.
Nutritional information per serving (2 wraps): 125 calories, 25 calories from fat, 10 calories saturated fat, 8 g of protein, 6 g of carbohydrates, 75 g sodium, 85 g of cholesterol, 9 g of fiber.