Roasted Grape Crustini with a Thyme and Honey Goat Cheese Spread with julienne ProsciuttoDownload this recipe
- 1 French baguette
- 2 bunch grapes roasted and cooled
- 2 tbs chopped Thyme
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 tbs Honey
1. First arrange grapes on baking sheet to roast. Season with oil salt and pepper place in 375 degree oven. Roast grapes until tender and not firm 20 minutes.
2. Let cool and reserve Slice baguettes into half inch slices and season with oil and bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
3.Chop 2 tbs of thyme and mix well with goat cheese. Drizzle honey in and check consistency and flavor. Here a nice touch of sea salt and black pepper can bring the great flavor of the honey and goat cheese out.
4. Julienne Prosciutto and start to assemble. Spread goat cheese mixture liberally on the crustini, then add the prosciutto and serve two halved roasted grapes on top.
5. These can be made ahead of time before guests arrive. This is a great chance to let all the flavors meld together.
Yields 25 crustini
Fresh Shrimp Spring RollsDownload this recipe
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms cut into thin strips
- 2 oz thin rice vermicelli noodles cooked and cooled
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs garlic
- 1/2 tbs chili sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 lb shrimp deveined boiled peeled and butterfly
- 1/4 lb fresh bean sprouts
- one pack rice paper rounds
- 8 large leaves boston lettuce
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 bunch chives cut into sticks
1. Sauté mushrooms and cook until tender. Let cool.
2. Assemble all ingredients and have them prepared on work surface.
3. Next fill a pie plate with warm water, immerse one sheet of rice paper in water for a few seconds just until soft and flexible.
4. Next build roll starting with the lettuce and adding the remaining ingredients.
5. To fold the bottom 2 in border of the rice paper over the filling. Fold over and enclose the leaf on the right and left edges.
6. Transfer the spring roll seam side down to a platter serve with dipping sauce.
7. Thai dipping sauce combine sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chili sauce together in a bowl whisk and serve.
Serves 8. Nutritional information per roll with one tablespoon sauce: calories 80, calories from fat 20, saturated fat 3 g, protein 2 g, carbohydrates, sodium 190 mg, cholesterol 15 mg, fiber 2 g
Chicken Lettuce WrapsDownload this recipe
- 1 lb Chicken tenders
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 2 cans water chestnuts
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 4 oz low sodium soy
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbs sugar
1. First prepare the lettuce cups. first cut head in half length wise and trip cup using scissors.
2. Chop all ingredients up and reserve.
3. Season chicken to roast in oven cook until an internal temp of 165 and cool.
4. Sauté all ingredients in sauce mixture heat until warm and serve in lettuce cup.
Nutritional information per serving (2 wraps): 125 calories, 25 calories from fat, 10 calories saturated fat, 8 g of protein, 6 g of carbohydrates, 75 g sodium, 85 g of cholesterol, 9 g of fiber.