Bananas Foster Cake
Download this recipe ▾
Ingredients for the CAKE
- 1cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups ap flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
First cream butter and sugar together , then add eggs until well incorporated. Scrape down bowl add flour, alternating with milk, and ending with flour.add vanilla and mashed bananas. Once folded in batter scale into greased and floured cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Once removed cool completely before assembling.
Prepare cream cheese frosting
Add Cream cheese to mixer. Slowly add powdered sugar next add butter and vanilla and finish with milk. Chill and reserve for assembly
Slice cakes in half making four discs. Add a small amount of cream on the bottom and then add your fosters filling. Repeat alternating steps until fully assembled.
Grilled strawberry and prosciutto sandwich
Download this recipe ▾
- Sour cream 6 oz
- Garlic scapes 1 sliced on bias
- Butter lettuce 4 leaves
- Prosciutto 6 slices
- Strawberries 8 grilled whole
- 2 oval ciabatta rolls
1. Slice rolls I half and apply oil salt and pepper grill to a golden brown.
2. Mix sour cream with chopped garlic scapes with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add sour cream topping to both sides of the roll
4. Next add you fresh lettuce, and prosciutto slices.
5. Top with grilled strawberries still warm slice and serve
Optional side dish:
Kale Chips with a Rhubarb and strawberry compote
- Kale leaves tossed in oil salt and pepper.
Bake kale at 375 degrees for 6 minutes until crisp
Compote 4oz water, 2oz with vinegar, 3oz sugar,1tsp black pepper 10 strawberries halved and two stalk rhubarb cleaned and sliced into sticks
Bring liquid to a boil. And add rhubarb cooking down until tender reduce liquid down and add strawberries to finish
Roasted Sausage and Tomato Bruchetta
- 1 pack Sausage, sliced into small pieces (flavor is your choice)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf of Italian or French bread, sliced into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices
- Cooking spray
1. In a non-stick pan with cooking spray, cook sausage for about 5 minutes, until the sausage is lightly browned and tender. Transfer to a medium bowl.
2. In the same bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes. You can also add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toast the bread slices until golden brown, and top with the mushroom mixture.
4. Serve warm, topped with parmesan cheese and I garnish with some basil, and balsamic glaze
- 4 -6 ounces salmon steaks or 4 - 6 ounces salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 2 oranges
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns or 1 teaspoon green peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces soy sauce
1. Combine garlic, lemon thyme, salt and pepper, olive oil.
2. Pour over salmon.
3. Grill salmon for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until done.
4. Juice 1 of each fruit.
5. Segment the remaining fruit.
6. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup fruit juice and other remaining ingredients (except citrus segments).
7. Taste and adjust seasonings.
8. Saute spinach with olive oil.
9. Plate spinach and top with salmon.
10. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with citrus segments.
Steak House Burger
- 2oz Worcestershire
- 2oz steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 large onion cut crosswise into four slices
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves
1. Combine steak sauce with Worcestershire reserve about 4 to 6 tablespoons for finishing burger. Next add ketchup and ground beef, divide into four patties.
2. Grill over medium 10 minutes or until an internal temp of 160 degrees . Meanwhile grill your four onion pieces until tender and lightly charred.
3. To plate serve burgers on toasted buns serve with lettuce and melted cheese and reserved steakhouse sauce.
Grilled Zucchini and Squash Galette
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 green zucchini
- 6 oz sour cream
- 1 bu mint
- 4oz olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough
1. First slice your zucchini and squash on the bias into coins. Next thaw your puff pastry dough and roll out.
2. Place dough on seasoned sheet tray. Chop mint into sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add shredded cheese to first layer and alternate coins overlapping and shingling them.
4. Top with cheese salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Grilled Skillet Bruchetta
- 1 loaf crusty bread sliced, toasted with olive oil salt and pepper
- 3 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 bu kale washed and rough chopped
- 4oz white wine
- garlic 1 tablespoon chopped
- olive oil 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1. first slice bead and season and toast crostini in oven. Set aside to cool.
2. in skillet sauté garlic in olive oil add beans and sauté until coated.
3. add the chopped kale and deglaze with white wine. Finish with salt and pepper.
4. Top with cheese and serve
Roasted Grape Crustini with a Thyme and Honey Goat Cheese Spread with julienne Prosciutto
- 1 French baguette
- 2 bunch grapes roasted and cooled
- 2 tbs chopped Thyme
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 tbs Honey
1. First arrange grapes on baking sheet to roast. Season with oil salt and pepper place in 375 degree oven. Roast grapes until tender and not firm 20 minutes.
2. Let cool and reserve Slice baguettes into half inch slices and season with oil and bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
3.Chop 2 tbs of thyme and mix well with goat cheese. Drizzle honey in and check consistency and flavor. Here a nice touch of sea salt and black pepper can bring the great flavor of the honey and goat cheese out.
4. Julienne Prosciutto and start to assemble. Spread goat cheese mixture liberally on the crustini, then add the prosciutto and serve two halved roasted grapes on top.
5. These can be made ahead of time before guests arrive. This is a great chance to let all the flavors meld together.
Yields 25 crustini
Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms cut into thin strips
- 2 oz thin rice vermicelli noodles cooked and cooled
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs garlic
- 1/2 tbs chili sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 lb shrimp deveined boiled peeled and butterfly
- 1/4 lb fresh bean sprouts
- one pack rice paper rounds
- 8 large leaves boston lettuce
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 bunch chives cut into sticks
1. Sauté mushrooms and cook until tender. Let cool.
2. Assemble all ingredients and have them prepared on work surface.
3. Next fill a pie plate with warm water, immerse one sheet of rice paper in water for a few seconds just until soft and flexible.
4. Next build roll starting with the lettuce and adding the remaining ingredients.
5. To fold the bottom 2 in border of the rice paper over the filling. Fold over and enclose the leaf on the right and left edges.
6. Transfer the spring roll seam side down to a platter serve with dipping sauce.
7. Thai dipping sauce combine sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chili sauce together in a bowl whisk and serve.
Serves 8. Nutritional information per roll with one tablespoon sauce: calories 80, calories from fat 20, saturated fat 3 g, protein 2 g, carbohydrates, sodium 190 mg, cholesterol 15 mg, fiber 2 g
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb Chicken tenders
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 2 cans water chestnuts
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 4 oz low sodium soy
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbs sugar
1. First prepare the lettuce cups. first cut head in half length wise and trip cup using scissors.
2. Chop all ingredients up and reserve.
3. Season chicken to roast in oven cook until an internal temp of 165 and cool.
4. Sauté all ingredients in sauce mixture heat until warm and serve in lettuce cup.
Nutritional information per serving (2 wraps): 125 calories, 25 calories from fat, 10 calories saturated fat, 8 g of protein, 6 g of carbohydrates, 75 g sodium, 85 g of cholesterol, 9 g of fiber.